Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-350 Help

HI, I'm new to the forum.

This is a tough project, lots of rotten wires and this radio probably was worked on before unsuccessfully.  I have a couple of questions if someone can help.

1. On the 42-350 schematic the FM IF transformer part #44 shows 4 coils on the secondary side.  I might have uploaded an clip of that part.  Between the bottom two coils it is labeled BLUE.  Is the top of the bottom coil connected to the bottom of the coil next to it ?  The schematic is unclear.  I have the transformer apart and am replacing wires.  There is no BLUE wire, but maybe it has faded to dirty white.  

2. On the left side of the chassis view from rear, there is a AM screw type antenna connection, then going to the right, a FM plug type antenna connection, then over to the right side on the rear there is a single pin connector.  That wire was loose in the chassis, what is it?  So far I can't find it on the schematic.

3. In the Philco world, what does CODE 121 mean ?

I bought this radio at a hamfest 10 years ago, when I looked inside after I got it home, I put it on the shelf.

rich

Is the top of the bottom coil connected to the bottom of the coil next to it ?

No.

...there is a single pin connector. That wire was loose in the chassis, what is it?

Can't help you here as I do not own a 42-350.

...what does CODE 121 mean ?

The "code" numbers signify production changes. The original design was Code 121; later changes would usually (but not always) result in a new code such as 122, 123, etc.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN