Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New member / Model 60 Restoration On-going

Hi All,

My first post here, and while I have a question, I'll ask it under an already existing thread that it's related to.

Overall, I just wanted to commend you, Ron and all, on the useful information that I've seen so far relating not only to Philcos, but which is also useful for restorations in general.

Ron, your document that pulls together the evolution of the model 60 was especially useful to me since I'm restoring a late model version (the H schematic within your document) for my father, and time is of the essence on this one!

I've done a few radio restorations so I'm not really a newby, but your experience on Philco-specific issues has been VERY helpful to me (aka coil rewinding). I'm an EE, and love working on guitar amps and pedals, and I've done a 41-285 restoration, Trans-oceanic, 46-350 repairs, etc. I have a 630 tombstone that I want to get to next.

The model 60 is coming along, and I have to -- guess what -- do rewinds on the antenna and oscillator coil primaries, as you've talked about elsewhere.

So, thanks again, and if I ever have any wisdom to add here, I'll certainly try!

Scottie

Scottie, welcome. I am sorry I have not participated much here of late. I am in college, and I have a particularly tough semester right now, so I am staying very busy.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,

No problem -- I've been busy, too! The model 60 is 98% done, just a few more cosmetic items. The coil winding went just fine, using 34awg wire.

I've thought about furthering the degree, but then I re-think it. Having the time would be a problem!

Good luck with it!

Scottie