Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16-B Need Tuning Dial Rubber Drive Wheel Help

Hello to all, I am new to this great Phorum. I have owned a 16B since the late 1970s. Over the weekend I followed the great Tech Tip to repair my tuning problems using the Danco numbered O-Rings. After getting everything back together last night, one of my original tuning issues reared it's ugly head! I have always had some problems with the tuning function stopping in the middle of the bands. Turns out there is a "flat spot" on the rubber drive wheel attached to my Translucent Dial Scale. I came up with a temporary fix by putting a wide rubber band over the rubber drive wheel, but know the rubber band will deteriorate and tear, probably in the near future. Any advice on how to repair the flat spot that makes the tuning stop in mid-band? Other than my rubber band fix, only thing I can think of is very carefully drilling out the rivots holding the rubber drive wheel to the dial and turning the wheel around to the unused part of the rubber wheel and re-fastening with small screws/nuts. Would love hearing from anyone out there who has come up with any fixes for this problem. Thanks!

See the TECH SECTION on Ron's site here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/drive.htm

Thanks for the reply. The repair I made was very similar to what is found in the tech repair section, as I substituted a wide and thick rubber band for the vacumn cleaner belt. I was just hoping that someone had maybe come up with what I would call a more permanent repair, such as rotating the wheel on the Dial Scale, experience with any liquid rubber products to fill in low spots, etc. Thanks again.