Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-200-122:

Hello"  I picked up a very ragged  Model 46-200:-122 The Beitman 1947 Page 116 seems to be a close match, This one has a PM and electrolytic 40/40/40:

Anyone know if there is some document / notes that describes the 122?  Looks to be a radio in MFG transition design.

https://philcoradio.com/library/download...6-1947.pdf
Look at the last pg it has the updates for the different codes.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thank You.. Thats what I need.. Radio apears to be a hybrid and this will hopefuly shed some light on the changes and stages..

Finaly got her up and running.  Turns out it had a bad 1st stage IF coil open.  Found a similar IF at 30 vs 28 ohms and now she plays. (Retuned the 2 stages and oscilator coil. )  PROBLEM #2.. Sound quality sounds poor and I believe the speaker is causing the distortion.  This is a PM .. Output transformer 245 ohms and speaker 1 ohm.  Is ther a way to substitue another misc speaker 4 ohms and its 400 ohm transformer?

The dc resistance doesn't matter when choosing an output transformer. It's the ac impedance that counts. What you are looking for is something that has a 2,000 ohm primary impedance and the secondary to match the voice coil. With a 1 ohm (resistance) vc I'd find a 3.5 ohm (impedance) spkr to match your original opt. An 8 ohm spkr is not the best match when there are plenty of 3.5 ohm spkrs around.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry