Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Tropic 3212-121

Hello All,

I'm having zero luck finding any information for this radio, other than it was manufactured in 1950. It has 4 shortwave bands and AM. Tube lineup is 7S7, 7B7, 7C6 and 6AK6. Can anyone point me to a resource for schematics and service information?  

Thank you.

Cheers,
Scott

Took a quick look and found this: https://philcoradio.com/library/download...-final.pdf Interesting a 6v farm set.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I don't think we have a photo of that in our library or gallery. If you are willing, would you post a nice photo of it so we can add it to the files. We'll credit you with the photo contribution.

Thank you for this information. The search option on this site didn't find any results; I see that I should have searched the archives manually.

I will post some photos once I clean this set up and determine the way ahead. The tuner is frozen and, unfortunately, someone in the past removed the 6V power supply and substituted a multi-tap power transformer and selenium rectifier. I've some work ahead of me.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Scott!

Here are two photos of the 3212 case. This one is going on the back burner for a while. I'll circle back with better pictures once I've restored it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks very much!!