Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another source for grille cloth

I have been searching for grille cloth for a few radios now for a while but its been difficult without the old sources of supply. Radio Daze is just about out of everything but the chevron pattern and the stuff on ebay is just about useless.

Seems that Michael Katz is now back in business selling grill cloth. I just ordered a few pieces from him and they arrived today. Was very impressed with the quality. Its the real fine weave old fashioned radio cloth, not the upholstery material sold on ebay.

He only has 10 patterns for now but says there will be more in the future.

https://www.radiogrillecloth.com/

Yes; Michael joined us a few months ago to announce he was back in the grille cloth business. This was before his website was available.

Thank you for posting the link. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

He was at our last event, in November....had cloth.

Paul B.

Tubetalk1

With many of the sets I have to work with there isn't much choice but to hit the fabric stores looking for suitable matches. Whilst some Canadian made sets used grille cloth which was reproduced, many did not. For example I had a Canadian Westinghouse set that used the ribbed cloth that was used in some Philco models, and almost all Canadian Philcos used the same cloth as U.S Philcos, but if you have a Rogers or a Phonola made set it's a crap shoot.