Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 86

Thanks Bob,
I have it almost done but not near as good as I had hoped. The inner fine pieces are really brittle and break with the slightest touch. I'll give the glue the rest of the day to dry and see what happens. That is a good idea since the veneer came in l large sheet.
George

I have gone as far as I can with this. It isn't as nice as yall would have done but I am afraid if I keep trying to make it better I will end up making it worse. My thanks to all who helped me with this this restoration, electrical and cabinet. This phorum is loaded with experts that are more than willing to help. Once again thank you all.
George

Attached Files Image(s)

It's fine. Good job saving that cabinet. Icon_smile

Now, do be careful moving it around. Do not scoot it! You don't want that leg to break again, or risk breaking another. I know how heavy those things are. Icon_eek

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hello George,
Well Done and I bet that Set is Heavy I have a General Motors model 160b that weighs as much at a small car !

Sincerely Richard

Thank you Ron and Rich,
Yes it is very heavy, I had my wife help me carry it to the living room where it will stay. No sliding allowed. Thinking about trying to restore my model 65, but have to go thru all the files and info because I don't have a speaker for it. You guys are great!
George

Looks great. Well done !!

George, I would be very happy with that cabinet refinish. The legs look very good. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan