Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 66b Alignment Instructions

Can anyone supply me with Rider's "Aligning Philco Receivers" for the model 66b? Icon_confused

Bob

The basic alignment info is in Riders at:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013827.pdf

Its rather short and sweet.

There is a document "Aligning Philco Receivers" out there that I'm sure you can find as a download on the web. Its worthwhile to read if you are new to alignment. In the meanwhile, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask here. The 66 is a basic set with no special techniques necessary.

Thanks for the tip. I am new to alignment. I do have the Model 66 schematic and instructions, page 5-31, from Nostalgaiair. I also have the "Aligning Philco Receivers" document prepaired by the Philco Service Department for Radio Manufacturers Service. It covers the Model 60b but doesn't cover the Model 66b. I saw Ron's old post on the Rider's Model 60 in 2007 and am wondering if the same type info is available on the Model 66? It seemed to have a little more info with several pictorials. I'm not ready to start the alignment yet but want to get as much info as possibel before getting started.

Bob

Don't " overthink" alignment and don't be intimidated. Other than component numbers its the same drill on all these sets. A five-minute job if you have done it once before Icon_smile

I/we will be glad to help if you have questions.