Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith Royal 2000-1 AM/FM Radio Issues

OK, thanks, I have completely disassembled the radio, and I took a look at all of the electronic components and it has all mylar and film capacitors in there and electrolytics that are more modern looking (the iei branded caps), and the resistors are the more modern style Allen-Bradley Resistors, and its really clean inside overall except the power adaptor plug-in on the side of the radio and the headphone jack.

So how do I test if the AC Adaptor plug-in on the side of the radio is what's causing the radio not to work on batteries? Is there a way to remove that AC Adaptor Plug-in from the circuit (or manually override it) so that i can confirm if it is indeed the AC Adaptor Plug-in that's causing the issue? I know I've seen Shango do something like that on an old Zenith Royal 850 AM/FM Radio that had a similar issue where the power adaptor plug-in was corroded to the point that it was causing the radio to no longer function on batteries, so he "by-passed" the AC Adaptor plug-in and got it to work on batteries.

Messages In This Thread