Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 51-930 resistor and capacitor questions

Hello David,
that is what I figured the set is working beautifully!
I did do some mods to the set thou one is replacing the 35L6GT tube with a 50L6GT.
plus changing out that dropping resistor last thing I am going to do is connect in a 1/2 meg ohm pot and see what resistor will make this set sound the best to bad I could not hide a tweeter in it somewhere because the overall audio of this set is good for having a 4 by 6-inch woofer.
Maybe a 2 way 4 by 6 car speaker only if it had the right mounting nope that idea is out.

Sincerely Richard

That is roughly 3% and 1% respectively of the B+. Not horrible, especially compared to the late 20s and early 30s radios that these replaced, especially those with 71As, 45s and 47s (filamentary cathodes), and rather small filter caps. +1 on using the 50L6, switching the hot instead of the neutral and using a polarized plug. Usually no need for a fuse. The rectifier filament serves that purpose. Dunno if a fuse will blow before the rectifier.

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Mr Fixr,
The radio works really well I have had running for the past 2 hours with out any issues .
I also used a x2 and y2 capacitor where it was needed I might full around with hooking up one of my Piezo Tweeters just for fun and I did add a 1amp slow blow fuse just for the heck of it .
far as the cords go I buy a bulk 18 gauge 8ft long lamp cords plus they have a 105 degree rating .
Sincerely Richard