Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Station Identifier Replacement on 39-55

Is it possible to replace the station identifier labels in a model 39-55 without having to de-solder the pilot lamp assembly?

Yes.

The escutcheon is held on by eight small screws. Remove these, then pull the escutcheon loose.

The eight indicator lamps are held in place by small clips, and should pull off the escutcheon easily.

Take notes, drawings, pictures (or a combination of these) to remember which lamp goes in which hole when you are ready to reassemble!

I don't remember exactly how the call letter tabs are held in on this escutcheon, sorry.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The steel fabrication that receives the lights, and also holds the call letters in place, is a single piece that, unfortunately, is soldered to the escutcheon. I'm afraid that if I attempt to un-solder that portion, it will discolor the brass face of the escutcheon.

OK, once again I proven myself to be stupid! The call letters were printed on some sort of paper product that slipped into individual slots on the escutcheon. Now, all I have to figure out is how to duplicate the original product.