Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

E.H. Scott Power Amp Supply Chassis - NEED HELP w/ ID

I picked up a E.H. Scott 800B Radio and it came with this amp. After doing some research I discovered this amp is not for the E.H. Scott 800B Radio. It appears to be off a E.H. Scott Philharmonic. I attached some photos below, I kindly ask for anyone's input and information as I am not very knowledgeable in this subject.

Not an amp but a power supply, a robust one indeed...

May have had a problem in the past, the black painted transformer does not appear to be OEM, if it is correct is another guess...

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”

I think Chas may be right, I see a screw in style fuse holder under the power transformer, I'm not sure what Scott used, if any, but that looks like one from the 1950s or 60s.
Regards
Arran

Thank you everyone for the input, I really appreciate it. Someone on another forum helped me identify it. It is a power supply for a Scott Laureate from 1941.

Welcome to the Phorum, beneast456! Glad you got the information you needed. Stop by anytime with anything else you have questions about. Lots of amazing folks here willing to help if we can. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Welcome to our Phorum. You will find that folks here don't just collect Philco radios, a number of us also have Scott receivers. I have an SLRM and an 800B myself. You may already have found the E. H. Scott Radio Enthusiasts website, but if you haven't here's the link: https://ehscott.ning.com/  . You'll find folks who specialize in Scott radios there, nice people, but the site is not as eclectic as this one. Please keep us informed about your progress with the 800B. It took me a couple of years before I gathered all the parts to assemble one, and I have yet to begin the restoration.