Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Friday's find : a 38-10 Bullet

Went antique store shopping with my wife and son; at one very cluttered store, I unearthed a 38-10 Bullet! Someone had pilfered the dial glass trim ring, the 6F6, and the tuning knobs, so I got it for $20. Reproduction knobs are available, so I have an ad on the Classified for another escutcheon.

Tim KA3JRT

Wow, that's fantastic! One sold on RadioAttic in 2017 for $285 with a few parts missing and light damage.

Hello Tim,
Wow that is a great looking set I have that exact set mine also was missing the escutcheon but Luckly everything else was there and I bought grommets from ED's old site.
I paid $75.00 for mine few years back it has been sitting on the shelf waiting to get restored.

Sincerely Richard
P.S. I am grateful the cabinet is in good shape too.

Sounds like a cool project. And the price was right. Enjoy!

I found an escutcheon with the trim ring and glass; also found a NOS Sprague electrolytic capacitor to replace the missing one on the chassis. Another restoration begins...

Tim KA3JRT

Looking forward to reading your progress. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Glad you found what you needed. Good luck! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

H**l Tim,
Nice !
mine was also missing that same thing,

Good luck with the 38-10, they are great little radios ! I restored one a little over a year ago. You can find my Phorum thread about it here: https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=22318

I also made a YouTube video demonstrating it :

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCoEQwRGu6k]

I look forward to following your own restoration story.

Mike

The chassis is finished; it's aligned and operational. I just need to order some knobs and rubber mounts for the tuning capacitor. I'm buried in a pile of restoration projects!

Tim KA3JRT