Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Value question
Star 

Hello everyone, someone wants to buy my restored 16B cathedral but I have no idea what to ask for it. The cabinet is pristine and literally everything that could malfunction has been replaced. The speaker has been completely rebuilt with new spider and Cone. The chassis is superbly clean too. I will try to get some pictures.

Any help is appreciated.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

the range of "sold" prices on radioattic for 16Bs is roughly $400 to $1200 with the average being $738
https://radioattic.com/priceguide2.htm?span=p

Unrestored im good shape a 16B cathedral will be $250-300.
Restored fully, that is chassis and cabinet, I think you should ask for the time spent and material.
I think a fully restored 16B cathedral should be at least $700, possibly more.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Radio Attic isn't particularly useful because it only posts the asking price, not the selling price, and many sold listings are not exactly recent. As nice as they are there tends to be a certain bias here regarding values of any Philco, but my own experience has been that the interest in vintage radios, particularly large sets, has been going down. I would offer it in trade for something else because outside the shrinking community of radio collectors these are just heavy book ends.
Regards
Arran