Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco with Phono input

Many years ago I was given, by an older brother, a Webcor 78 changer and what I think was a Philco radio that had a phono jack on the right side. 
This was in a a vertical case I think and ivory bakelite . The radio is long gone, but I still have the Webcor.  So far I have not been able to find any indication that Philco made such a radio, and it may not have been a Philco.  This would have been sometime in the mid 1950's.
I may have posted about this a couple of years ago, but so far have not gotten any response.  
If anyone has some information about this, please let me know.
Thanks
Thom

Welome to the Phorum, Thom! The large majority of radios built by Philco are displayed in the Philco Radio Gallery, located at the bottom of this page. You may find it there. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Hi Thom,

>The radio was in a cream plastic or bakelite case, and had a jack on the side that the phono plugged into. This would have been sometime in the early 50's. I have looked thru the photo files from 1946 on, but have not found anything like it.

Could you post a pic? Is there a family photo around that may show it in the background? Philco or not a lot of us here have seen and or worked on a LOT of different sets. It would be a big help. It's a little odd that it would have the jack on the side. Most manufactures would relegate them to the back of the set. If I had to guess I would say that it was added on at some point and wasn't original.

Sorry to say you are not giving us much to work with. If there was a bit more to work with it would be easier. If you have a lot of time to kill: https://radioatticarchives.com/ There's about 13.5K sets to peruse.

G.L.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry