Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canadian BOL console

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post this here, to let others see a weird Canadian variant of a 1942 BOL console. It is a model 705P, 9 tube chassis with the Beam of Light record changer. I saw one of these for the first time three years ago, in terrible condition, and thought maybe it was a modified set. But since then, two more have surfaced for sale. This one is in pretty good condition. Now I have to convince myself that I have no room for it... $50!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Definitely Canadian-only for certain. It slightly resembles the USA 41-611 in appearance, but that chassis is very different from any USA Philco model.

It looks like Philco of Canada placed greater emphasis on SW in the early 1940s than did Philco (USA). That radio chassis resembles a Tropic in SW coverage.

It's too bad there isn't much on SW anymore. You would have fun with that radio.

Aw, g'ahead, it's only $50...Icon_twisted Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

$50 and good grill cloth also! Just needs you to show her a little love, EH? Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Argh! You guys are NOT helping me avoid buying more consoles...  Icon_rolleyes

So what's 100 K to build an addition on the house to house the consoles only 50 for the set!

Tubetalk1

Hahaha!

Paul, we are already planning such an addition, because my collection has grown too large...

So Brad, have we found a spot for this console yet? Can't you tell it wants to follow you home! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Hello brad,
nice Console !

Sincerely Richard

Love it/hate it....

It is beautiful and a BOL to boot. The only negative is that I could not bend down that far to put on a record...

If you are over packed already like me.... You dont need another console....

Icon_evil

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Lol! Yes, I don't need another console...
Lucky for me, a friend beat me to it, so now I don't have to decide...or find a place to put it!

I do find it weird that the phonograph would be at that height. But then again, people were shorter on average back then.