Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Clock Timer Help

Hi everyone! Hopefully this is the right forum to post this in. I have this Philco Clock Timer that I can not find any information on anywhere online. It says it's a clock timer for a Mark 341 Test Set (which I also cannot find any information on).  It makes a buzzing when I plug it in so it's getting power to it but I can't make it do anything.

Any help, thoughts, suggestions, or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a bump to get fresh eyes on it...still hoping someone knows what this is. :-)

This will be a tough one to find schematic info I think. We don't have anything on it in our library.

Looks to be WW2 era equipment, so a schematic or information will be hard to find. Since it was built for the government, not a lot of data would have been published.

Have you opened it up and had a look inside? More then likely the mechanism is seized up from disuse so I would not leave it plugged in too long. Perhps someone on the alternative forum, in the communications set area might know what it's for, or have more information.
Regards
Arran

Thanks for the responses. I have not opened it up to check it out inside but I will do that. Is there any value to something like this or is it pretty much common government surplus?

Tried looking up the contract number no luck the serial number is 21, maybe not many built. Might try some of the military forums that get into old stuff. Have a signal corp genset from 1954 was able to get a PDF of the TM. Looking inside you might find some info or at least who made some of the parts. Good luck an let us know what you find. David

The timer was made by the Standard Electric Time Company. It was an off-the-shelf item they carried. Other than that, I've never seen a device like this. Obviously made under military contract.

Thanks for sharing the info about the Standard Electric Timer Company.