Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Westinghouse N 202 ?

Can not find anyinfo for this model. The case looks like a model H202 but chasis is not Icon_confused Five tube chasis with 6K6GT-6X5GT-6SA7-6SQ7-6SK7. Being new to restoring I have looked everywhere I can think of. Would really appreciate any help Icon_biggrin

Model number what you go by not chassi . There is a schematic @ http://www.nostalgiaair.org for a h202.

let me clear up- the wood case looks like an H202 the back cover says westinghouse N202 and the tubes are not those used in an-H202 and the schematic for the H202 is not even close to what is there.
thanks again Icon_smile

Ihave 5 other forums searching this . Find out if there is any info. Icon_rolleyes

Is this an American made radio? Reason for asking is that sometimes Canadian made radios have their own numbering system. 'N' is an unusual prefix for a Westinghouse. Is there anything about it that may indicate an export version?

The schmatic for the M102 has the same tube line up ect .

On my search i found out rca victor made some radios for westinghouse. Also some set used social security numbers of owners . I all so found out most set numbers started out with m or w . I registered with a new forum on my adventure a guy had a N202 trying to give away . Said it was set from H**l . Icon_lol When my regisration goes through i will try to find something out. Icon_rolleyes
Kent.

Thanks for the info Icon_biggrin beginning to think I was loosing it Icon_redface being new to rebuilding i tried all the resources i could find. will look up the M102. there are some numbers on the chasis will post later. Looks as if repairs made earlier? a lot of heat damage have not tried to power up yet recapping and resister change.
Icon_biggrin later

the schema for the M102 matches what I have. It is a piece of ####.Wiring is rubber and worse than a 41290 Philco, wire wound resisters checked 4 and all checked bad. Will save for a rainy day Icon_lol Here are numbers stamped into chasis "made in USA" 5a52----561158. Thanks for all the help Icon_biggrin hope this post will help someone else. Icon_biggrin

Sorry . did not have any luck . Reason the guy got rid of his same problem you have. Idid find a telephone # of a guy who redid one 1-800 - 595 -0191. Icon_wink
His name is Ben.