Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I finally got my Rogers 10-12 power supply

It has been about five years of looking , but I finally got the power supply for one of my Rogers 10-12 radios.
     I have already recapped the radio and the cabinet is original and quite good.
I have recapped the power supply and everything looks good

It will be a while before I get things together.
I am taking the clock out of my Rogers 4821 radio [the clock is on the side] and putting it in the 10-12
 Dan in Calgary

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Wow Dan! This is quite the project!

Beautiful radio Dan. I guess we know what your Winter project is. Keep posting your progress. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

I guess it isn't a winter project,because   I recapped the chassis about two years ago  and at that time it was playing OK.
     I will put it on the bench and make sure it works, then I have to wait until spring to get it all together.
I don't have a heated garage.
 Here is a question

Can I power up the power supply with the rectifier tube in,   if it is not plugged into the radio chassis.  I just don't want any surprises when I plug it into the radio?
 Dan in Calgary

Living in Calgary Alberta

That case is a corker, real nice.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Hey Dan, don't power it up with the tube in if it is not connected to the radio. The B+ could go higher than the filter caps are rated for and could fail.

Greg B

Dan;
I'm trying to remember how these are wired on the larger Rogers models, but on the smaller sets there is a jumper on the speaker plug that disconnects the rectifier tube cathode/filament from the input filter cap. They may have pulled the same trick with a jumper on the interconnecting cable. I'm guessing that your power supply either came out of a lower end Rogers model, or out of a Majestic or Deforest Crosley model with the same dual chassis design, but without the chrome plate, of course you could strip it down and get the P.S supply chassis plated to match.
Regards
Arran