Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco battery phono

Hi. I have a very old battery powered Philco record player, which seems to play up to 7" children's 78's. It works on 4 D batteries, is, as they state, fully transistorized, is in a small green cloth covered wood case about the size, and shape of a 45 rpm carry case, Has a selenium rectifier feeding motor, guess from wiring is that it was used to cut down motor noise, and has 2 striped black beuty caps on boad along with 3 small metal transistors, some sort of block in middle of board, and aud out transformer. Motor is non-running, but, amp seems to be alive. Anyone know anything about this, and could anyone find a schematic on it for me? Sorry, I can find no model information on it anywhere. Front mounst 4" speaker with deco shaped metal grill in front. Thanks. Can get a picture of it , if you like... Thanks. Bill Cahi.. Icon_smile

"If it lights in the dark and leaves you with a warm glow it's tubes."

"Honey, did you warm the baby bottle on my 75 watt hi-fi again?"
"I left it somewhere, but, where?"

Hi Bill,

I found one of these new in the box about 10 years ago at an AWA meet. It actually is a 45 player as they came with a removable bakelite 45 adaptor. They are one speed only. I recall the owner's manual was copyrighted 1955 although I think it's actually a 1956 model. The schematic is online as I searched and found Beitman's manuals online. It is in the 1956 volume and you need to download the Djvu reader to open the file. They show a TP-2 which looks slightly different but the schematic is the same as the TP-1 which is the one I had. I can send it as a bitmap if you like.

Fred R

Thanks. I'll look into it. Bill

Icon_sad I'll have to look for the book. I tried downloading the djvu file, but, after downloading it, win zip kept showing an error sign, and cannot open it. I deleted it to waste bin. Bill

Bill,

I sent you a bitmap image. It should be good for the info you need.

Fred R

Icon_biggrin Thanks. REceived it. I much appreciate it. Bill