Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

19v8 tube

Hi everyone, I have a 52-944 that needs a 19V8 tube. This tube seems impossible to find. I tried rewiring the socket for a 19T8 but that didn't seem to work. Now rewired I think I could put a 19C8 in there but the only one I have is dead and it also is hard to find. What can I do? Can it be wired for a 19T8 or other?
Thanks 
Alan

I checked a couple of my substitute books and there is no direct replacement listed. I do have a used Philco branded 19V8 that tests OK that is yours for postage but the catch is I am in Canada so postage might be higher than you are used to. There is no promise this tube will work in your radio but it might.

Greg B

Hello Alan,
I see that this set used the hard to find tube the one cross is a 6V8 !
Because I did look up the tube specs for that tube plus the 19T8 .
good luck and maybe one the other members has a answer other than changing the radio design .

Sincerely Richard

Yeah, I also have a 51-934 that uses a 19C8, also difficult to find. I think that the C8 and V8 are interchangeable with rewiring the socket. Have a number of 19T8, but I guess they're of no use in either of these two sets.
Alan

Try Bob Dobush's Findatube.com He has a 19V8 listed. You just email him to check and get the shipping cost. I've used Bob's site many times.

Thank you Bob, and your wife! Took care of me great, I have my tube.
Alan

Just to be clear...I am not Bob Dobush... but I have purchased a number of tubes from him Icon_smile

just checked ebay and a guy has 20 NOS 19v8 tubes for sale in oregon for 60 bucks .doesnt seem to pricey to me