Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith unknown console

hello Philco Friends !

I found an unknown  console Zenith , I date from 1935/36 as it seems to have the 5705 Chassis, like this radio

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/zenith_7a28a.html

I have not got it , but have some photos from the vendor .

The console and chassis are in rather bad repair and I expect a lot of work to restore it as well as possible .

The original turntable has been removed and replaced with a more recent one . So I d' ont know which model it was fitted with at origin .

Can somebody  identify the model ?

You can see heraafter some photos .

kind regards to everybody  Icon_biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Sometimes there is a term used here "basketcase" to describe a radio maybe too far gone to restore, this one may be close, the rust is intense.....

Paul

Tubetalk1

Hello Claude. You really have your hands full with this one! While I also lean towards Paul's assessment, I never cease to be amazed by the talents and skills our members exhibit! That being said ... AMAZE ME! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Hello Paul and Everybody

Thanks for condolenses.

Indeed the console stayed proposed on an advert site since almost one year ... I was in contact with the saleswoman , trying to identify the model , and  telling her the same conclusions you tell me .
Due to the price she wanted for this wreck , I just tried to identify the model but I did not succeed for the moment .
Recently she lowered its price to a symbolic amount of 20 euros . 
I did not want to make the trip ( 2 x 100  kilometers ) to recover or even just see this wreck but I may have the chance mid april to pass not far from her home ... so in that conditions  I suggested taking a slight detour and stop to see the beast up close,  and on site, in front of the object ,  make a decision !
Moreover, my cabinetmaker to whom I sent the photos would accept - for a fee of course - to help me to restore the piece of furniture .
As for the chassis and loudspeaker , obviously that's another big deal much more problematic  !
so let's wait for the sequence of events in april  . I will keep you informed of the continuation . Icon_wink

I also bought two booklets listing models with pictures of Zenith radios since 1925 to 1950 s , year by year,  without finding illustration of this one. If someone can  identify this model which could be an export one .... ? 

cordially

Claude

I can't give you an exact model number, but it is a 1936 export chassis. When I get more time I'll look through my Zenith literature and try to find the model number. Good luck!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Thanks !

I have bought these two booklets , but didn' t find the model.

Left of cover of the 1919/1935 you can see photo of a similar console , but not exactly same

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry, I looked through Alan Jespesons's Zenith Radio Brochure book and did not see that model. As I mentioned earlier it looks like an export model by the chassis plug that is missing or moved. Good luck!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Hello John

Thanks a lot for searching and reply .

Let we wait mid april after I have recover the console . By chance , could remain a label sticked inside the cabinet ? .

kind regards