Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco mystery control problems

Hello all, I have been working on a model 40 217 mystery control set it has been goimg well. I was able to recap the set anc was just beginning to get the remote control working after getting my battery pack from battery maker. The control quit working last week, I have replaced the tube and checked all the batteries in the battery pack and all is good and still the tube has no glow or light despite the filament pins being at 3.2 volts. I have cleaned all the tube pins and connections. I am hoping someone here may be able to help me get this figured out. Thanks 

"Zemmie", hope you get it figured out, or as one guy said a short break may help when you come back to it.
I was searching for any other info on the control and ran across your post here.
On the FB thread I asked if you have checked the coils for continuity. I also mentioned that on some low voltage , low current tubes, the filament may not easily be seen unless the room is really dark.
I know you will figure it out, it's these kind of issues that gove is fits sometimes.
Take care. Gary Maker (Rabbitt).

Possibly the mystery controls tuning has shifted so the radio no longer hears the commands from the control...

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”