Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Delco car radio set?

Hi everyone, I realise that a photo of the set in question would make this easier and I hope to post one soon. But in the meantime someone may recognise this set from my description.The bloke I bought it from said he thought it had come out of a Chev.It is certainly American. The vibrator is 6 volt. So , so far it could be any set. But several tubes are Delco brand.And the valve lineup is a little unusual, using 7 pin miniature valves up to the detector and an octal 6V6 for output. Rectifier is a 6X5.The miniature valves are retained in their sockets with a natty spring clip like a spiral , in the centre hole of which  is lodged the  pinch or sealing knob of each valve. I have not come across these clips before.It is permeability tuned with black plastic buttons.The speaker output is via a single ceramic RCA socket . I had hoped to find a paper tag inside giving some clue but....nothing. Valve lineup is 6BA6,6BE6,6BA6,6AT6,6V6, 6X5 .If anyone can offer any pointers I'd be grateful.

Try going to radiomuseum.org and enter your tube list in the appropriate search box. Leave a space between each one. I got 36 hits and half are car radios. Most are from the 1950s.