Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

unknow radio id

the ant coil wire was green where the green comes off it is bare wire the green was the insulation I think something fell on that end of the radio broke the tube sockets and ant coil I was able to super glue one back together I have all the wire off of the ant coil it .020 it is 24 gauge I am going measure the length of the wire and cut the new wire to the same length.

is playthings of the past still open

Gary Schneider, Play Things of the Past, RIP

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”

Gary's inventory was purchased and warehoused by Barry H Bennett, an ARF member.

He has had employee issues (Covid related) and has been unable to re-organize most of Gary's stock which was moved without accurate identification in pallet lots.

He will, from time to time offer large lots of items in the ARF classified but has stated, to recover a specific part that may still be on Garys TXT lists (Still Online) is next to impossible. Gary had a lot of material that, frankly does not sell and Barry is in continuous process of salvage/scrap of that material.

Recent posts of images of just surplus magnet wire in the warehouse have revealed the enormity of the inventory. I am familier with such mill storage. One gets tired just walking from one end of the building to the other.

None the less, Don Sturtzenburger (sp) AKA dsturz in ARF will also have part offerings from time to time. But like most ARF classifieds no published part lists are offered. So it is a matter of watching or sending private messages. There are others that have 20's era part stashes and will post in the Classified too.

For sockets, the detector and possibly the oscillator should be on a suspension sockets to reduce vibration effects... Re-arranging socket types/brand to get uniformity in the re-build is your option, I would suggest it unless there is a good reason not to...

Here is another source:
AuroraOldRadios
https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...5&t=426086

GL

Chas

Pliny the younger

Thanks I did know

Chas Wrote:Kit-built sets also varied greatly in construction quality.

Decades ago I bought a 1926 Silver Marshall 620 Silver Cockaday at an antique shop for $150. I thought it worth the price because it was so pristine - it looked like it had never been played. When I got it on the bench I found two wiring errors. It never would have played, so it probably ended up in somebody's clean and dry attic.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

I have it working still need to find some original parts to replace the rewound ant coil and power switch and two tube sockets.
hope to wind them someday.

Did you find a manufacturers name on the tube sockets and the jacks?

Take pictures of each and publish to the classifieds here at the Phorum and to the ARF Classifieds. No one can help unless one knows what is needed. With the hundreds of variations in sockets and switches the images will help. Post too, the thickness of the panel and the diameter of the hole the switch fits into.

Chas

Pliny the younger

tube sockets have no name they brown. front panel .25" hole is 3/8" has only .25 " from bottom hole to to the board. switch had two screws on the back of switch.

Take pictures of each and publish to the classifieds here at the Phorum and to the ARF Classifieds. No one can help unless one knows what is needed.

Pliny the younger