Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-295/300 schematic

Moderators. This post may be in the wrong forum or out of place. Please handle accordingly. 

My eyes aren't what they used to. As such I could not find a schematic for the 41-295/300 that I could actually read any of the values. So using the clarified schematic from Riders, and one out of the 1941 RMS Year Book. Using software available to me, I made the schematic so it was easier to read. At least for me. The software I was using isn't able to do the electrical symbols. So I pretty much left those alone. I deal with aircraft tech data for a living so I know everyone makes mistakes when writing these things. One area I wasn't able to clarify is the lower right hand corner for 13A - 13G

If some people wanted to take a look and see if or how many mistakes I made. I will gladly fix them, and then make available for everyone to use.

.pdf 41-300 INKED.pdf Size: 578.62 KB  Downloads: 105

.pdf Riders Vol 12 Clarified.pdf Size: 66.2 KB  Downloads: 72

Hello afin. Have you looked in our library? Go to the bottom of the page and click on Philco Radio Library. The Philco 1941 RMS Yearbook has a much clearer schematic. You'll find it under Service Info. Hope this helps! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Gary,

I have that schematic as well. Unfortunately, I was having trouble reading either one. Used both schematics, as well as the parts list, and the schematics for the individual modes selections to be able to clarify the schematic to make it more legible. 

There were a couple of portions I couldn’t read no matter which diagram I used. Such as the area in the lower right of the schematic by 13A thru 13G. 

Tom

Hello,
What i believe you are having trouble reading on the schematic is the range that each of the individual automatic tuning buttons can be adjusted to for the 7 push buttons. This same information is stamped into the chassis in the same location as shown in the schematic. That information would be:

Between 13 A and 13 B (which would include 13 C) - 540 - 1030 KC
Between 13 D and 13 E - 650 - 1160 KC
Between 13 F and 13 G - 900 - 1600 KC

This information is in the 1941 Philco RMS yearbook on this site in the chapter titled - SETTING AND OPERATING ELECTRIC PUSH_BUTTON TUNING.
I hope that this information clears up the "not so clear" printing on the schematic.
Fran

Thank you Fran,

Facepalm. When looking through the yearbook, guess I was more focused on my particular radio and missed that chapter. I haven't pulled the chassis out yet. Trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I do that. 

Corrected below.

Tom

Attached Files
.pptx 41-300 INKED.pptx Size: 503.15 KB  Downloads: 66