Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 90 bezel

Moved to Philco Home Radios since the current discussion has nothing to do with cabinet restoration.

Radioroslyn Wrote:Didn't mean that it was hard to tune but you mention the blasting effect. It's beastly like the 70. Living near Philly there are a lot of strong stations and at night avc make tuning around much more pleasant.

Understood. Where I live, there is only one AM station close by (10 or so miles), the rest are at a distance of 40, 50 miles or more. It doesn't help that I live in a low-lying area, so radio signals are difficult to pick up here. Therefore, the "blasting" effect isn't so bad for me - only the lack of good signals due to the terrain, and the horrendous noise across the AM band here also.

The only AM listening I do anymore is to my home Part 15 transmitter. The rest is unlistenable due to the noise and weak signals. (The station 10 miles away runs an all-Spanish language format which, not knowing the language, I have no interest in.)

I do the majority of my AM listening with my RCA C15-3. The oldies sound great on it, even though it is not a "High Fidelity" set. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron Ramirez Wrote:The pertinent issues (there were three parts) are July 1994, May 1995, and July 1995.

These are available on the wonderful World Radio History website.

Ron -

Thank you very much for posting that. It has saved me from driving a number of miles to a friend's house (I was just there yesterday to pick up some parts which he got for me at Kutztown) or asking him to scan them.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/