Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA/Victor R-35 / R-39 / RE-57 Speaker Lead Terminals

Hi Jim,

Your RE45 radio with Electrola (electric Victrola with magnetic pickup) was based on the earlier R-32, which (I believe) is the first radio that Victor manufactured. Your speaker has a plug, likely because the speaker is cabinet mounted, and appears to be the GE Kellog-Rice speaker that all electrodynamic (and PM Dynamic) speakers are based on. The R 35, 39, Radiola 80 and R7 Suprette speakers are similar but with a different frame. The wires on the 80 and R7 Suprette are confirmed by pics to be soldered. If the Radiola 80 are soldered, it is likely that the R35, R39 and RE57 (similar amp chassis to the Radiola 80) are also soldered. Flr the R35, 39 and Radiola 80, the pigtail from the radio chassis connects to the amp / PS Chassis via screw connectors, as opposed to the Jones connector that yours uses.. BTW, I think that the RE45 is a cool radio. How does the Phono sound? The cartridge is no GE RPX let alone a Pickering, Shure, Otofon, etc., but it IS magnetic! (If I bought one of these, Ms. Fixr would fix my wagon but good!

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Messages In This Thread
RE: RCA/Victor R-35 / R-39 / RE-57 Speaker Lead Terminals - by MrFixr55 - 05-31-2023, 09:22 PM