Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Telefunken T6445GWK restoration

https://acworks.com/blogs/ac-works-conne...cal-safety

One of the example (have to scroll)

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have assembled the radio back.
It is not the most convenient radio to put back together. Maneuvering the chassis in the case took some time, the speaker presenting the obstacle. Reminded me of putting back together the VOM record player changer mechanism.

After it played, I heard a little distortion which reminded me of the performance of a speaker with some cone damage.

I have never looked at the speaker, to be honest. It is still wrapped in its original cheesecloth. Not awful, but my speaker that I used as the temporary load, while not able to connect the original one, played very nicely and with no distortion.

I will leave it be for now; when I come back from vacation, I might adress it, but that is a minor thing.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hello mike,
Sounds good that radio really put you through the paces !!

Sincerely Richard

Rich

Not the worst. Had its challenges.

Now I will clean up the bench and will resume activities after I come back from visiting mom in FL. Which is in July.

I am thinkimng now what the next project will be.
Might try that RCA140. I will come, take it apart, send the cabinet to Fred.
Order some grill cloth from Mike.
And will start looking for a way to manufacture the bottom chassis cover.

All in good time.

Nice work Mike! Lots of effort into this one!
Icon_thumbup

Hello mike,
Hope you enjoy your visit with mom I need to go see my Dad .

I can't wait to see what will be on your bench next .

Sincerely Richard

Rich

I am not sure myself. But the thought is to start on RCA140.
I have couple of Philco consoles, and couple of 38-12 I got this Kutztown. Actually maybe I tackle them first, and maybe even at the same time, as I suspect (the condition is nice) they could be fairly quick.
And then start on RCA140.

Give mom a big hug for all of us! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

We have maxe it to Palm Coast, FL in exactly 16 hrs. Virginia was a bit sluggish unbtil the Richmond bypass, so we lost about 1hr or so. Plus we had a nice lunch without rush.
Started 6:15am, arrived 10:15pm.

Today I pulled out the radio, and I put 4ft wire in the antenna jack and we pulled a few statons on MW (BC) and SW. Of course, no LW is used today.

Mom said, she almost saw her dad leaning over that same radio, pulling in SW broadcast, at low volume, during the night.

Tonight after dark, I will try the short waves againg; so far it has been northing but the same Mexican station on several positions. And of course, the transmission line very close to the house does not help, it is noisy. But ....

[Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmlK21iQiF4]

Shortwave and BC in FL after dark video.

I'm surprised, Michael, how many different radio stations you can still catch on the Broadcast band. Living in Ukraine on the border with Europe, in a day I can catch no more than three radio stations with good quality and about five more on the edge of reception. In the evening until 10 with good quality and another 10 on the border of reception. And you don't even have gaps between radio stations

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Yes. Were it not for the transmission line noise and all, that would be even better.