Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Chassis Plugs

Anyone know where I can get those little chassis plugs that cover up the trimmers with B+ on them found on the back of some older Philco radios. They are for 1/2 inch hole and look something like the picture below. I am in need of about 8 of them. The one shown is an electrical knockout plug.

Dan

Attached Files Image(s)

I found similar ones at Ace hardware. A bit shinier than original and a bit smaller diameter.

They are a pretty common item in most decent hardware outlets, they may also have them at Loews or Home Depot, Grainger or McMaster-Carr would definitely have them, and Mouser likely would as well. The new ones may be shinier but they are also not 80-90 years old, I've used them to cover holes some idiot drilled in the back of a Deforest Crosley chassis to add a phono jack and rotary switch, not factory but better then the jagged holes being left there. 
Regards
Arran

In electronics they are generally called "hole plugs" and the ones I have on hand have a nickel plated finish. The variety used in plumbing are usually called "plug buttons" and have a chrome finish. For local purchase a good sized hardware store such as Ace or True Value will likely have a better selection than a home center.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

Thanks all. I'll take a run to my local Ace and see what they have.