Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-380 off push button is broken

So I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to fabricate a new piece of either plastic or what looks like pcb to stick to that little part that broke that moves the switch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Never faced that problem, hopefully someone has an idea for you short of getting a donor chassis to replace the entire pushbutton assembly.

It might be easier to rig up a toggle switch or a micro switch. That's how the Germans did it.

Thank you klondike.

I think I might have to take the switch assembly out of the radio and maybe drill or hook a strong piece of either metal wire or plastic because I dont think it's worth changing the on/off switch saying it still works underneath.

Here is my solution:

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...6&t=385528

I think that the O.P was looking at how to replace a worn down phenolic piece that actuates the switch, not the switch itself. Given that you would have to take the assembly out to replace it, even to replace it with another assembly, I can't see the harm in making a replacement of the worn part and trying it, I'm curious as to what it looked like, the only 1942 model Philco I have is a 42-327, and the P.B assembly is different in those, I think.
Regards
Arran

I had looked up the 42-327 and it seems slightly different but if anyone could find/get a photo of how it would look it would be very appreciated.