Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1942 Beam Of Light Turntable

Hi everyone, my name is Jeremy and I'm a newbie, getting my hands dirty attempting to restore a 40-180 and a 42-1009PW. The 42-1009PW has a radio and speaker that are in surprisingly good shape, although it needs to be cleaned and re-capped. However, the BOL turntable was replaced long ago with some awful contraption that makes me want to cry! So, I have a couple of questions...

- What are my chances of getting my hands on a 42 BOL turntable? Are there many of them knocking about???
- If not, are there any repro items out there that would work?
- Failing that, are there any other Philco turntables that are likely to fit into the console?

I'd love to get this thing up and running properly, and any/all hints and tips are greatly appreciated!

Hi Jeremy, and welcome.

Sorry for letting your first post go without a reply. I'm in college (at age 50 - long story), so I have been very busy of late and don't always have time to post as often as I used to.

Have you tried contacting West-Tech Services about your turntable issue? They might have something to sell you at a reasonable price. They also repair these units.

Other changers could be adapted, but it may involve modifying or replacing the mounting board currently in your set with something that will hold a different changer.

Someone was selling several on eBay a few months back, but he must have sold them all, as I haven't seen any offered by that seller lately.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Ron, thanks for the help! Yes, I'll contact them and see what they have to say. Icon_biggrin

Good on you for pursuing your education! Having been a "mature student" myself, I know some of the complexities of time management involved, and I appreciate that you took the time to answer my post. Thanks!