Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown model tv / radio / turntable / entertainment center / cabinet

I recently bought my first house and found an old Philco tv entertainment center with an fm/am radio and turn table.  It’s a color tv so it would be hard for me to believe it is olden than 60s. I don’t have a ton more information besides the pictures I took from it. I can’t find anything online for it and was seeing if anyone here can help me identify it and get a model off of it to see if I can repair it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum! Unfortunately the model and chassis numbers were scraped off the rear cover. However, there are some numbers stamped on the back of the TV chassis. Can you post close-up photos of those? Also the transformer looks to have a label on it. Could you post a clear photo of that as well? I’ll try to help. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Looks like the radio is solid state and TV is vacuum tubes, a hybrid!

It may be a hybrid, but I don't think the turntable ever had a door knob! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Take a look around here https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...n-1966.pdf  starting at pg 100 and see if that fits your turner/amp. Don't know about the tv but the hot is shot and has gone to air. GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Take a close look at the rear of the TV chassis. You might find a chassis number there. It would give you something to go on at least for the TV.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

I'll also say the horizontal output tube is bad. This is the large tube with the wire coming off the top. Simply replacing it probably wont solve any problem, there is likely a problem causing the failure and if not corrected will cause the new (and pricy) tube to also fail. Just a FYI. EDIT: This is what Terry meant when he said the "hot" was shot.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

The horizontal output tube failure can be caused by a non functioning horizontal osc. This will cause the severe over heating of the hot from not having any grid drive. The plate will turn RED and get so hot that it cracks the glass where the wire exits for the plate cap. Tube goes to air. It doesn't make the flyback too happy either, can cause it to fail or to short some turns.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry