Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco 41-255 bake light block bolt

Got a replacement bake light block. Thanks to the person donating that. The original bolt and star washer seems gone somewhere. As I’m looking at this it appears the bolt is just there for mechanical purposes - it wasn’t originally insulated from the chassis 

I have a bolt and nut that works but does anyone know the correct length and size of the original fastener? Not a huge deal but I guess if I’m doing this I should do it right.

A little correction: it is not light and it is not a bake light.
It is Bakelite. A material named after Leo Baekland, the chemist who invented it in 19th century.

I probably would not say that, but it took me a few minutes to understood the topic. Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Bridkarl, the Bakelite block #3903ODG uses the mounting screw to ground the 2 caps that are inside.  That screw is very much important.  It needs to make a good contact with the chassis.  You would be better off finding one of the other Bakelite blocks that doesn't use the mounting screw to ground the caps and switch the screws.
The original screw is 1.25 in. long with 1/4 in. head. I believe it is a #8 screw with coarse thread. 

Dick