Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

crosley

My son bought me a crosley model oc3q chassi 95. Ifound the schematics . Would like to see a photo of this set . Can not find one .
Needs to be refinished. All so need knobs and speaker. Any info please.
Thanks Kent.

I don't think you have the model number. No Crosleys in my book start with "o" and no model 95 either. A photo of the front of the set should be enough for someone to identify it.

Phil aka Philbert Q. Desenex - Twin Cities, MN

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/crosley_03cq.html There are four set with o as first letter. Chassi is #95
Thanks Kent.

Here are the sets 02cb , 02ca, 02cp, 02cq, 0c3a, 0c3b, 03cc, 03cp, and 03cq. Took me awhile to find this.

On this set 03cq chassi # 95 . Can i use new type speaker ? The old one has the transformer on it .
I know this is not a PHILCO . But need some help .
Thanks Kent. Icon_biggrin

A modern speaker should work just fine. Just make sure that you have the correct impedance speaker and sub a high wattage resistor for the field coil. If you have the schematic, they usually have an impedance value for both the field coil and speaker voice coil, or just measure the old one (if the coils are not open).

Thank you motorola man. Icon_biggrin

Motorola man Wrote:If you have the schematic, they usually have an impedance value for both the field coil and speaker voice coil

I wish! They usually only show DC resistance.

You're probably looking for something around 2-5 Henrys @ 100ma if you wanted to use a choke to replace the field coil from the original spkr. If you use a power resistor I'd double up on the capacitance of the filters as you won't have any inductane in the resistor to smooth out the AC ripple.
Terry
Ps Hi how you making out?

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry. Making it slowly but surely . I repaired the speaker almost like new. Took a coffee filter sprayed contact cement on it and the speaker
smoothed them out over the tears can not hardly tell it was tore . Then painted it flat black. Pretty neat trick. Have five sets now still going .
Learning SLOWLY . You doing alright. Icon_biggrin