Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1203 wiring - heed help please

Hello team. Thank you for the add, excited to see so many people enjoying the art of restoration of these vintage radios.

I have acquired one and am excited to restore it.  Attaching photos of it.

Radio works, phono turns but absolutely no sound.  There is a wire disconnected, definitely someone before me tried to fiddle with it.  Hoping someone can help me figure out where each of the wires needs to be soldered.  It seems that the yellow wire should go to the very left terminal, but if I do that there doesnt seem to be a connection to anything else.                            

Welcome to the Phorum!

You have a46-1203 with the turn table replaced with a more modern one. Here’s a link to the schematic
https://philcoradio.com/library/download...6-1947.pdf

Bob thanks for the response.  I also found this diagram online.  It seems the bottom right of the schematic, the part in the square is addressing part of the wiring I am referring to, I just cant make much sense of it.

I have no background in electronics, but have done electrical work.  I have a soldering iron, etc.  It seems that someone worked on this before me, it looks like the yellow wire should be connected to the the very left terminal.  Hoping someone who understands schematics can help me make sense of it.

Attached Files
.pdf Philco Radio & Television Corp._ 46-1203.pdf Size: 118.85 KB  Downloads: 34

Hi and welcome to the Phorum,

Here's the manual for the turntable more or less. Yours looks like an AT60 the closest thing I could find is for an AT6. https://all-guidesbox.com/download/12476...al-14.html

As for your unknown wire will need to know where the end or ends go to figure out that puzzle. 
One thing you can do is remove the pickup head, there's collar that you loosen right behind it and then carefully pull the head out. There should be a 3 pin socket. Two of the connections are connected to the input of the amp the other is connected to the shield of the audio cable. If all is working properly you should be able to touch either of the two input connections and hear a loud 60cy buzz from the speaker when the volume is advanced. If not check the wiring and mute switch.

GL on your new adventure!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry