Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco ford console

I was curious if anyone could confirm this was a 1974 console and what the value/additional info on this model please? 

My neighbour mentioned winning this in a raffle in 1974 in victoria, bc. The console, record player & speakers still work.
Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

Solid state, as I suspected. It says so.

I doubt it has high value.
You probably would benefit keeping it, as, after all, it is somewhat of an antique, as it is 70-s for sure, or selling it to someone who really wants to relive 70s.

I am sure there will be people willing to part with $50 - $100 to have it.
In which case (it looks clean) you'd be better off not trying to restore it as, personally speaking, unless I know the person who did the restoration, I automatically presume it is inadequate. And, unfortunately, I have rarely been wrong in that assumption, even when I bought pieces from vendors in Kutztown who, supposedly, knew what they were doing. And so will think many a prospective buyer.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Like most of that sort of thing it's probably worth whatever someone wants to offer for it, I would not say it's worth having someone restore it for resale. Philco was not exactly a high end brand by that time, likely has a standard four speed VM or BSR changer like the coffin stereos did. 
Regards
Arran