Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power cord specifications for 52-T1612

@Chas, @MrFixr55

I'm really enjoying the side thread about all the wonderful TV shows from my youth, so keep them coming.  It brings a great big smile to my face (more below).

With regards to the main topic (replacement cord).  I was not so much concerned about authenticity as I was about not damaging the pins, with regards to a new cord.  If I can find a period appropriate cord, that would be great, but I'm OK with something that will fit properly, not damage the pins and will work reliably.

That said, here is a photo of the pin configuration with the back cover removed.

Several things to note:

- The spacing between the center of the pins is 5/16"
- The width between the 2 metal "tabs" is 3/4" (max width of the plug)
- The pins are approximately 3/8" deep from pin tip to base of pins
- with the cover on, it is 11/16" from the back of the cover to the base of the pins
- The opening on the back cover for the power cord is 1/2" (H) x 11/16" (W)

Let me know if you need any other information.

I've included photos of the back cover and also of the set with an episode of Mary Tyler Moore Show playing.

A lot of fun TV shows to think about from my youth.

In the NYC area we had

2 - WCBS (CBS)
4 - WNBC (NBC)
5 - WNEW (Metromedia)
7 - WABC (ABC)
9 - WOR (RKO - Independent)
11 - WPIX (Independent)
13 - WNET (Public Television) -> Billy Joel reference - "All your life is Channel 13"

Ch 9 had Winky Dink, Ch 11 had Captain Jack McCarthy "6 bells, 3 O Clock and all is well" was his trademark phrase.
Ch 5 had Wonderama on Sunday mornings from 8 till noon, and Soupy Sales weekday afternoons.
Ch 9 had Knicks, Rangers (and sometimes NY Nets) games, usually on tape delay.

and Channel 11 had the Yuel log (a continuous loop of a fireplace with Christmas Music) on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

Also BTW Chas, my wife and I have a small room off the side of the Kitchen (our Parlor) which holds period pieces from the 30s, 40s and 50s (1946 Zenith Console w Phono, The Philco TV, Chair from the 30's, Candlestick Phone and phone stand, etc. Called the room that, because that is what one side of the family called their living rooms.

Good times indeed !

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is what I have, USED, 6’ long no cuts or abrasions, pins size, space agree, continuity is OK. May have to file slightly the back fiber board, do not use clip as board is slotted.

PM will not allow attached images contact info will be there.

I have posted new images, the earlier images were HUGE...

Chas

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”