Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stewart Warner Model 9001 D like schematic

My mother has a Sterwart Warner Model 9001-D that is is need of a tune up. Problem is I can't find any on- line schematic's or manuals for this radio. Like to get it back working for her, only seen $15.00 schematics out here, CAn any one one help me with a source for this radio. Beautful cabinent and table legs, whew.

Look here:

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/767/M0020767.htm

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron, I thought I had looked there already.

Good luck with that chassis!

I tried to work on a similar chassis, a Firestone Air Chief 4-A-22. It has a permeability tuner (coils with iron cores that are moved in and out of the coils as the set is tuned, instead of using a variable condenser as most home radios use).

The one I have here has a bad coil - one of them was destroyed by rodents.

Fortunately, I found another chassis, an S-W 62TC16 chassis. As soon as it arrives, it will be restored and be put into the Air Chief cabinet instead. Using the Air Chief dial scale, you won't know the difference until you look in the back and see the Stewart Warner ink stamp instead of Firestone Air Chief.

Stewart-Warner made the 4-A-22 for Firestone.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Elrick,
How did your Stewart Warner come out?

I recently recapped one for a friend, didn't have any trouble with it. The chassis had lots of room under the chassis. The alignment went well with only slight tweaking needed. The set is sensitive and picked up many SW stations with only a 10' wire off the back.

Presets were also easy to setup. I did have to polish that white junk that gets on the knobs and buttons. The stuff will probably will come back later.
Take care,
Gary.

I had to abandon the restoration. The chassis is pretty narrow and deep. There were 2 0r 3 caps I just couldn't get to without removing a board that was loaded with parts. If the sides of the chassis were removable it would be a snap. It's going back to my mother. Maybe I'll try again later. It looks like a nice set. I was dissapointed I couldn't finish the job.