Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacing electrolytics

Hello - I have a question in regards to replacing electrolytic capacitors. I am working on a B&K model 1076 television analyst that contains many electrolytic capacitors. They are particularly abundant on the circuit boards surrounding the flying spot scanner. I am looking to replace the capacitors; however, I only have polypropylene capacitors. Is it ok to replace electrolytic capacitors with polypropylene capacitors of the same rating and value?

Cheers!

Usually yes. If size is not an issue.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

hello Haydenp,
As morzh "Usually yes. If size is not an issue."

If you have them I would go ahead and use them . lately in some my sets that I plan to keep I have been using them too.

Sincerely Richard

Since this unit was made in the tube era there should be enough room, Panasonic has a nice series of large value film caps, I think they are even fused in case something goes to short. Motor run caps are also an option. 
Regards
Arran

Motor run caps are ideal. Except, they are very expensive.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hello Arran ,
yes I use the panasonice capacitors !

Sincerely Richard