Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 45F tuning capacitor sub-chassis sloppiness

On my 45F the tuning capacitor sub-chassis is mounted onto the main chassis by 4 bolts. I just finished re-capping the paper caps and bakelite blocks and waiting for the odd ball 6 uf electrolytic to show up at the moment. While I was doing the re-cap I noticed the tuning capacitor sub-chassis is loose and sloppy, the rubber insulators are still intact top and bottom but they must have shrunk with age and caused the looseness. Can I just use faucet washers to shim the subchassis tight near all 4 mounting bolts or should I dis-mantle and make new insulators for each mounting bolt?

Try using the replacement chassis gum washers being offered by some vendors. Might be a cut-N-fit but may get you close? Also regular black rubber grommets of correct size to suit?

Chuck I used the faucet washers and it worked great. Nice and snug and not that hard to do. Icon_eek Soon as I get the 6 mfd and 2 8mfd electrolytics and one 250pf mica (bad) it will be all done and ready to go. Hopefully it actually plays.