Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco PT 66 help

Hello to all! I'm fairly new to restorations ( about a year now and six radios). Anyway, I purchased a Philco PT 66, It was working ()with a hum) so I replaced all e-caps and paper caps. Unfortunately, in my own stupidity, I created a solder bridge (it's tight in this cabinet) causing a short. When I powered up the radio, I smelled a slight burning odor and it went dead. I found my mistake (solder bridge) and fixed it. The set was completely dead. I traced the problem to a double resistor (pad like thing) mounted to the side of the radio. They now read "open)
My problem, and question is what value and wattage are these resistors? I can't seem to make out a value on Nostalgia Air and am wondering what wattage to use. Ant help would be greatly appreciated.
The short section reads open while the longer section reads less than one ohm. The Philco part number stamped on it it: 33-3367.

Tim

Tim,
The sections are 53 and 175 ohm.
The wattage will have to be calculated from the voltage drop and filament current.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

This is a series heater string. The current for the heaters and the bulb are both 150mA.
Calculated roughly as 1.2 Watts @ 53 Ohms and 4 Watts @ 175 Ohms. I'd use 5 and 10 or 5 and 15 watt values.

Out of room, still dragging 'em home