Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1226 code 122 burnt resistor help

i trying to repair a 46-1226 it has a burnt out resistor that can't be read, i believe it is from pin 2 to 7 on a 7af7 it had a 7f8 in it before i broke it, sams photo is to small to see it's under the rotory switch could be #71 or 72 ??? can any one help i'm new to this but willing to learn and can any tell the chasssis is in the 46-1226 just in cas i need to find another chassis
thanks
john

I took a quick look and found that pins 2 and 7 are the filament connections to the tube. Sort of an odd place for a resistor. Recheck your pin #. There is a small cap from one pin to chassis ground. If you can't read your Sam's Chuck can probably help you with the original servce info.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

There is also a resistor between pins 1 & 4 on the 7F8:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013588.pdf

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

i am not sure if it is important the tube in unit was a 7f8 manual says 7af7.the problem i have is there are no pin numbers, the burnt out resistor is on 2 pins to the left of the notch and 2 pins to the right would the be pins 2 & 7 thans for the help ....john

You may be looking at RF bypass cap. They are sometimes used on the filaments to prevent stray coupling between stages. A 0.01 uF 630V cap should work. Richard