Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-1010 Question...

I'm a proud new owner of a 42-1010. I am getting perfect audio from the phono audio input via existing internal turntable, ipod or whatever I plug into it. However, I do not get any audio or even static when i switch to anything Tuner related. Could the tuner itself have gone bad or could it just be a tube? Thanks all in advance...Mick

Hello and welcome!

Have the paper and electrolytic capacitors been replaced in your 42-1010?

In what condition is the wiring under the chassis?

This is where I would look first...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Not sure of any previous work on the unit... However, Wiring all seems to be clean. Let me know what your see or don't see. This image is from the day I received it. I have since connect A/C obviously. Thanks for your response.
[Image: http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx209...CN2767.jpg]

What Ron is shootin' for is a pic of the under side of the chassis. That's where the paper caps live.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

From the picture you have posted, I can see that RCA jack in back, which is not original. I see that someone has replaced the original Beam of Light record changer with one from the 1950s. Unfortunately this was done to a lot of radio-phonographs in order to "modernize" them, enable them to play 33-1/3 and 45 rpm records as the original 1942 changer was 39 and 78 rpm. That original 1942 changer was plagued with problems because of the bell drive it used, enough so Philco issued a kit after the war to convert these to rim drive, 78 rpm only machines.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN