Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1203

Greetings:

Restoring a Philco 46-1203, part C7 identified as 30-1227-7, I don't know what the part is or it's value. Could someone tell me what it is and it's ratting so I can replace it with a new capacitor. Thank you much for the help.

God bless,

Dave B

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again

I have the 1946-47 Philco Home Radio Yearbook, and the Philco schematic does not show a "C7" on it. What schematic are you using to get that number?

Also, I could not find part no. 30-1227-7 in any of my Philco parts catalogs.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

What a relief, I thought I was losing my mind Icon_confused . I couldn't find it either. Found 6 then 8. I even looked for a double C17, which there wasn't. I gave up after 15 minutes.

Glenn

Happily back in Illinois..not.

Riders does show a C7 on the top view of the chassis:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013585.pdf
I wonder if it might be the 100mmf cap that is not numbered on the schematic?

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

Carl:

That's the part, you identified it, when I looked the schematic over I could not find a C7 either and also wondered if indeed it
was a 100mmf capacitor. Please, if anyone could sole this mystery I would greatly apprecaite the help. Further the number on the side of this item is 30- 1227- 7. Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Dave

I looked at that Nostalgia Air schematic and wondered if what Rider's calls "C7" was the capacitor in question.

The official Philco schematic in the 1946-47 Home Radio Yearbook numbers this part as C402, and the parts list gives this part number as 60-10105407. It is marked with an asterisk (*), and a note included with the parts list states as follows:

Quote:NOTE: Parts marked with an asterisk (*) are general replacement items, and the number will not be identical with those used on factory assemblies. Use only the "Service Part Number" shown in this parts list when ordering replacements.

Translation: Your C402, C7, or whatever you wish to call it may have the 30-1227-7 on it. Philco said that 60-10105407 is the part to use when making a replacement.

However, there are no Philco distributors around anymore, so you have to use a modern generic replacement.

A 100 pF silver mica capacitor rated at 500 volts DC will work quite well as a replacement.

Edit: This is where a copy of the actual Philco service information would come in very handy. You can purchase the complete service information from Chuck, which is much better - and much more complete - than what you will find on Nostalgia Air.

http://www.philcorepairbench.com/schematics.htm

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

Thank you, as before you have proven to be a great source of information and help, again, thanks. Icon_clap

God bless,

Dave B.