Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NOT 37-650! Philco 088 Signal Generator Question

For a change, I do not have a 37-650 question! It seems to be happy, other than the occasional "Pop" and volume change...

So, my question centers around the Philco Model 088 All-Wave Signal Generator. I have just received the one I bought on e-bay, along with the matching multimeter- I don't have a number for it- and a beautiful wooden "Philco" box.

I am looking for copies of the schematics for each, I'd like to straighten them out, so I can use them. They are in basically good shape, but need a little TLC. Also, both are battery operated, I guess for convenience at the time. I would like to build a power supply for each, using a transformer, and 110VAC. I have the battery requirements for the 088, but not for the multimeter. Does anyone have copies of the manual for the meter? I'd be happy to e-mail a scanned copy of the 088 Instructions sheet to anyone interested.

So- there are the simple questions: Does anyone have the instructions for the Philco multimeter, and schematics for the meter and the 088 Signal generator? And any suggestions for said power supply concept?

I checked Nostalgia Air, but nothing was found there for them.

Thanks!
Scott

Old Cars, Old Radios, Old Pipes and Young Women... What more is there?

Let's see the auction link or a pic please. I can probably help you.

Certainly! The auction link is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/7590690735

Thanks! Scott
PS- I also need to work out what the leads for these both are like... Icon_smile

The VOM is a Model 026. I have some info. The 088 Sig Gen is the later version with internal modulation circuitry, not the earlier no-mod version. Don't have info on that. Will advise.

Thanks Chuck- I printed them out so I can take a look-see at the instruments!

I'll be looking forward to hearing what you discover on the 088 signal generator.

Thanks again,
Scott

I won't be able to help you on the 088, since I have no info on the later version that has modulation, like yours.

You may have to draw your own schematic. Also advertise in case some one on the many forums may have some info.

Good luck

Well, if you have the schematic for the earlier one, I could probably add in the change for the modulation, having at least a basic idea... Icon_smile
Thanks again on the meter info: I printed it out and have been going over it.

Thanks!
Scott

Looking at my Burgess data, the 026 uses two D cells, and two 5156 batteries, and they are tapped 22.5 volt BC batteries. I'm betting that's the same one I made for someone else's Philco siggy gen.