Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6"coil wire used in alignment ?? why

what is the coil used for does it replace the aerial i ready to align a 46-1226 and want to do it right the first time the manual is a little vague on the 6 to 8 turns of wire and where to put it & can the output meter be rms digital meter i just picked up a craftsman 82003 true rms multimeter i have read they recomend a ANALOG meter
thanks
john

Hi,
Not sure where those instructions came from but I'm guessing that the loop is simply a technique to transmit from your signal generate to the set's own built-in antenna loop without making any direct connections. Its a common technique that I use much of the time. Connect the small loop to the generator output and place it nearby the radio's own loop which remains connected as normal.

As far as the meter type that's mostly personal choice. I'm (almost) a full convert to digital myself but either is fine and whatever you're comfortable with will do. Some of the older digitals are a bit slow to respond.

thank you,, your info helps me to understand the mystery's of radio repair a little more
john