Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA T8-14

Just got a "parts" T8-14 from an ARF deal, and was able to combine the speaker and a couple of tubes from it with my own T8-14 to produce a great looking and especially sounding set. This is an 8 tube, single 6F6 output/6F5 driver, 5Z3 rectifier 4.5 watt max output set. Additionally, I discovered that my set had an 80 where the 5Z3 belongs, so the "donor" 5Z3 was especially welcome.

A T8-14 was one of my first radio finds and still have it. Nice sounding and good looking set that I learned alot of the basics on. Does your set have the globe tuning knob still? Also curious if there are any knob labels on the cabinet other than the RCA Victor logo.... mine are either worn away or never had em and the logo is pretty faded. Otherwise it's a nice original survivor.

- Mike

Hello, Mike: both cabinets only had the RCA logo on them, nothing else. Fortunately, both sets had the complete set of knobs including the "globe" knob. I just commented on your collection and especially the RCA sets. Pretty neat collection you have!!
The reception of my T814 is super. It is funny that these sets do not seem to be very popular on eBay and other radio sites.