Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I work in a metal & concrete building...

So, I work in a metal and concrete building, with no windows in my office. Anyone have any good ideas how to make one of these radios work within the confines of this ridiculous building or do I really just have a nice looking paperweight that glows when turned on?

It's ridiculously frustrating. I took the time to rebuild a radio and it won't work in the only place I can display it. Icon_confused

The only thing I can think of is to kick the Captain out of his office and push an antenna wire out the window, but I have a gut feeling he won't take too kindly to that.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Brandon

Get one of these!

http://www.sstran.com/

It's a simple build, relatively speaking, and a very good kit. It performs beautifully!

OT...when is Tressel gonna suck it up and resign?

-Greg

That's a good idea, greg. I could even broadcast PandoraRadio over to my radio... pretty awesome!

Tressel... hmm... he's kinda like a big deal here. People - other people - idolize him a bit here in Ohio. I doubt he'll be resigning anytime soon.

I actually live and work in Columbus, OH at THE Ohio State University and I don't really care about football. How wierd is that?

-brandon

Well, I discovered today while I was rearranging my office that on the West wall I can recieve 4 of the strongest local AM stations (NPR was one of those and it's really the only one I wanted to listen to anyway). Additionally, I was able to get a weak signal on shortwave (it was a spanish music station). Yay! I now have an antique radio working just behind my desk. It's thr RCA and has already drawn several comments. I can't wait to get the Philco 42-327 in here too!