Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie... Philco Show & Tell

Long time collector and forum reader, newer member.... was asked to post some goodies, so here's a few!

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

and a few more...

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Precisely, my meat! Looks like an RCA 15K there, and a giant, it is. That RCA AR88 is a set that I always say that even if it never worked, it would be beautiful just to look at. Mine has the cabinet, and the S-meter.

I go heavy on the big high level consoles, and the big phono combinations. The communications receivers have always turned my crank pretty fast. Yep, you have a very nice collection.

Thanks! Icon_smile Only a 9K console, but still sounds pretty good. Not a boat anchor guy but had to get me an AR-88. It's actually the LF version and has a Canadian Air Force plate on it. I have the case that just needs a repaint. The panel is restored. Have had it for almost 10 years but never tried to run it yet! Someday... oh, and also have a ACR-175 receiver on the project shelf.

I'm sure I've had t he AR-88 fired up. I understand that most of them went to England and Canada. Any guy who has one is a lucky pup. Yes, I also have the ACR-175. RCA did a nice job on their communications receivers, but the hams gravitated toward Hallicrafters, Hammarlund and National. That pretty much took all the steam out of RCA's efforts.

When I was a kid, and saw the Halli SX-28's in the stores, then one in a pal's home, I'd have heart palpitations. I do have a SX-28, and the bass reflex speaker. My first communications set was a Halli SX-62. It was my set in the dorm where I lived in college. It was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and if you didn't have something like that, you were limited to about 2 stations. I st ill have that set, of course.

Very nice!!! I noticed the RCAs too. The 8T14 is a great 8 tube reciever. I recently aquired a model 263 that I need to get some pics posted on this and the ARF sites, as I have not seen another anywhere. Same chassis (10 tube) as the 262, but a larger cabinet with doors that cover the dial and controls.
Your console collection is super, but so is the rest. Thanks for the super pics!!!